Re: [NTLK] ethernet card driver for powerbook 1400

From: Nancy Haitz (nhaitz_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 08:57:05 PST

>> Jon wrote:
>>
>> In fact, I've had a horrible, absolutely horrible time trying to find
>> an
>> ethernet PC card that will work in my wife's PowerBook 1400. Any ideas
>> anyone? :-)

Jon,

I have one of the Farallon Ethernet cards. It works with a 5300, a
1400 and a 3400. (and maybe some others) However, it is not even
recognized by the Newton.

Be sure to reed the information on this page at Farallon/Proxim.
<http://www.proxim.com/support/all/consumer/technotes/
tn_macos9support.html>
There are some issues with the Apple Ethernet extensions loading first,
and disabling the Farallon ones.

You will find the drivers here:
<http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/progsnp/proxim02/srchjnnp? >
You want the 595 driver (listed over on the right) if you have the 595
or 895 card - the one with the blue arrow at the top. If your card has
the red arrow - use the 595a driver.

There is also a special driver for the Powerbook 1400. I could not
find in on Proxim's web site. I will send it to you off list.

Nancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html