Re: [NTLK] Fair Price for Newton WiFi card?

From: Andrew Beals (bandy_at_cinnamon.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 08:16:52 PST

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:59:22 -0500, Brian Pearce <bpearce_at_cloud9.net> wrote:
> > What kind of base station do I need to buy after that to go wireless?
>
> That depends on your situation (do you need a modem, or do you have a
> broadband connection?), but anything that supports the "WiFi" standard
> will do. There's a bewildering number of choices; [...]

Consider for a moment, the Cisco employee. Even with the generous company discount on company gear, many [most?] employees buy non-Cisco gear when they're spending their own hard-earned dollars buy LinkSys gear [as witnessed in Amazon's purchase circle for Cisco Systems]. Why? Even at retail, it's cheaper.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html