Re: [NTLK] Thank you for all the repies!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 06:55:22 PST

on 2/12/03 6:05 AM, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net wrote:
> In fact, I've had a horrible, absolutely horrible time trying to find an
> ethernet PC card that will work in my wife's PowerBook 1400. Any ideas
> anyone? :-)

    Farallon Ethermac and Ethermac/Etherwave (this one also works in
Newtons) cards work very well in PowerBooks. The Etherlink III is *supposed*
to work with a hacked version of the Farallon driver. I haven't tested this
myself since I was lucky enough to find a Farallon. The 3com
XJAEM336/XJEM336 combo card is supposed to work in PowerBooks as well, but
so far I haven't been able to perform the correct voodoo. I've managed to
get the modem working but I must not have the chicken-entrail-swinging
routine down right for the ethernet portion.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html