Re: [NTLK] Stuck in the Mud

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 06:06:07 PST

Quoting Seth Hollander <sethhollander_at_mac.com>:

> Well, I haven't progressed much with Cadenza. I did a search through
> the NewtonTalk archive on the strange "Part 0, Type Auto" error I've
> been experiencing. Sounds like it could be a million things.

An error like that basicially means that the first part of the package (which
is an Auto part, as opposed to a book, protocol, or form) was not able to load
itself. Unfortunately, without having the NTK inspector plugged in, or
BugTrap, there's no way to figure out why this is happening. Typically, it's
because a package that has been loaded prior to the current one has patched a
piece of code that the current package is now attempting to patch again.

I assume that you're trying to install this package from here:
http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/Cadenza/CadenzaInstall.pkg

I get the same error as you when trying to install it on my 2100.

When you install the PC side, does it extract the Newton package as well?
Maybe that one will work better...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html