[NTLK] [OT] Terry Pratchett (was:Re: Utilities, Applications)

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 03:05:21 PST

On Wednesday 12 February 2003 05:29, Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:18:51PM -0800, Rhonda Hyslop wrote:
> > However, it is the canonical "bingely-bingely-beep" as uttered by Mr.
> > Pratchett himself, so I couldn't pass it up.
>
> Think he'd mind if you shared?

AFAIK, Terry Pratchett only gets upset(*) if someone mentions a good idea
for a book, and he happens to be working on that very same book at that
very same moment.

Terry Pratchett was one of the very few (maybe the only one) authors who
used to actively participate in discussions in his own Usenet .fan group.
He quit posting there for the reason I mentioned above (to avoid
accusations of plagiarism). He really is a very nice man and you should
all read every single one of his books many times over(**).

(*) Not angry, just upset.

(**) No, they don't give me any commission on sales of his books, but I
wouldn't mind getting some. :)

--
Jazz.
"As long as you hide your identity you have no credibility here and so