Re: [NTLK] Proxim Orinco Silver 802.11B

From: Will Ross (paxswill_at_macmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 19:45:28 PST

On 2/9/03 7:22 PM, "David Golden" <ikondave_at_charter.net> wrote:

> I am looking at purchasing an Orinco Silver card for my MP2100. Based
> on what I have read here, this card is compatible with the AirPort Base
> Station, right? Thanks.
>
> Dave

Get a Lucent Wavelan Silver Turbo. It is the same card as the Orinoco but
can get them for a lot cheaper on eBay. $31 for the Wavelan compared to
about $45 for an Orinoco. Plus, update it to a Gold at this site:
http://www.paris-sansfil.net/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldEn
And yes, it does work, I did it to my dad's Silver and the card shows up as
an "Airport PC Card".

Will

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html