Re: [NTLK] Connect?

From: Brian Mayton (bmayton_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 12:26:32 PST

No, the eMate has a built-in serial port, so you won't need the
interconnect dongle. What you need is a cable with a DIN8 connector on
one end and a DB25 to fit your PC on the other end. If you've got an
old modem or something, it's probably got that kind of cable. Since
your PC probably has a DB9 connector on it, you'll also need a DB25 to
DB9 adapter.

You might be able to get away with using a DIN8 to DB9 cable, but I've
never gotten that to work quite right. The DIN8 -> DB25 - > DB9 seems
to work pretty well, though...

If you can find an interconnect dongle for the PC, that will work too,
but that will probably be harder to find.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html