[NTLK] pbG4 + wavelan --> newton wavelan =no go

From: Philip Lord (nama_chari_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 07:21:22 PST

It's been a while since I've posted. But I check the
listing every day. It's goot to be back.

I Have a problem that has me stumped.

My powerbook G4 internal airport signal isn't stong
enough to get a good signal to my base station which
is in another room so I have been using a wavelan card
in the PC card slot, which is much more powerful.
The problem is that I can't connect to the newton
(which also has it's own wavelan card) using this
configuration. If however I turn off the wavelan card
and use the internal airport on the G4, everything
works fine. As far as I can tell the settings are
identical for both setups, internal airport and
wavelan.

Also, when I try to connect using 'dock' with both the
newton and g4 using the wavelan cards I get alot of
flashin from the cards LED's on both machines but no
connection. It's as of they are trying hard, but just
can't get it right.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Phil