[NTLK] Utilities, Applications

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 07:42:00 PST

On 06/02/03 09:53, "John Charlton" <johncharlton_at_mac.com> wrote:
> Another thing these cards could have are some of the 'must have' utilities.
> 'Styles' button, Hilite2k, that sort of stuff that we all find so useful.
> Perhaps at the discretion of the loaner.

I wonder if this would be a good segueway to ask people what their favorite stuff is?

I used to pay attention to all the utilities available years ago, but I've tuned out for a number of years. So, I for one don't have that much in terms of third party software on my Newton, but one utility I've always found indispensible is CaretPro. It lets you configure a list of words/phrases that are invoked by clicking on the caret.

You may recall that I'm the guy who's been trying (unsuccessfully, so far) to get Cadenza working so I can synch calendar items with Lotus Notes at work. But at this point, I'm thinking that being "stuck" with the old manual method of calendar item entry isn't that bad.

But I wouldn't say the same thing without CaretPro. Because my work-related calendar events have similar, repetitive nomenclature (docket number, followed by event type, such as hearing), it really only takes 4 taps to enter an event that might be 20 characters, at least. Over the years, it's saved me a lot of work. I goess it's kind of like the glossart function in Word tnat I newer use.

What other programs/utilities do people use that they just can't live without? And what do they do?

-Seth

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html