[NTLK] Dumb Newbie question

From: Nancy Haitz (nhaitz_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 23:43:18 PST

Hi All,

I need help. I am r-e-a-l-l-y new to the Newton. I have a 2100 that I
purchased used. It had been (I think the term is) Brain Wiped. I have
been digging around on the web collecting software, as I did not get
any with the Newt. I have installed the Connection Utilities package,
Internet Enabler 2, Simple Mail 4.3 and Newt's Cape.

I can not seem to figure out how to connect to the internet, to a
standard Earthlink dial up account. I am trying to use a USRobotics
Megahertz 33.6 PC Card Modem (The X-Jack 4336 model) This modem came
with the Newton, along with some other stuff.

I keep getting an error message, after launching Simple Mail. The
Newton will attempt to connect, and I briefly see a message "looking
for PPP driver" but then I get a error 16022.

I have tried 4 different Megahertz Packages. I even tried hooking up
an external serial modem.

Suggestions please!

Nancy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html