Re: [NTLK] Newton Keyboard Hell?

From: Blair Rosser (newton_at_7thfloormedia.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 09:50:09 PST

> My newton 2100 uses a PC connector cable on on end (I
> guess its RS 232? 5 female pins up, 4 female down -
> i.e. your standard pc connector).

Are you sure it's a standard PC connection. Only connection I know of on a
standard Newton 2x00 is the NIC port.

You can get a dongle for this that accepts a Mac mini-DIN 8 male plug. The
Newton serial dongle can be had for pretty penny on E-bay, J&K Sales (?),
Philly discounters, or GEM enterprises.

A number of people on this list have manufactured similar add-ins (SER-001
comes to mind), but these are as rare and as hard to come by as the serial
dongles.

If you can get the SER-001 board from somewhere, it's probably your best
best for fuss-free keyboarding for the long term.

blair

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html