Re: [NTLK] Jaggies R or L? (Was: Best way to fix jaggies?)

From: Marco Mailand (N_at_abasurf.ch)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 12:57:32 PST

"Doug Parker" wrote @ 5.2.2003 22:10 Uhr / <dougparker_at_progressdata.com>:
> What gets me is that when I do get jaggies, the ink always--ALWAYS--traces
> to the left of my stylus--never to the right-hand side of the stylus. If
> jaggies are being caused by pressure from the case on the right edge of the
> screen, touching the right-hand side would move the ink to the RIGHT, not
> the left.
I observed this as well and I think it matches the technical concept. It is
a sort of bridge arrangement of four resistors which give the pen position
by the voltage if the pen is pressed down. If not the absolute value of the
bridge resistance is periodically scanned by the Newton as reference value.
If something presses permanently onto the screen it fools the reference to
smaller values and thus causing not so far right x-values of the pen, which
is a pen spot 5mm right to the real pen position. To me this is completely
logically and removing jaggies by increasing the gap (Remember: Mind the
gap! ;-) is the only treatment.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!
Marco Mailand