Re: [NTLK] OT: Jaguar backup burning help

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:46:51 PST

On 06/02/03 13:33, "Alex" <admeddemda_at_f-m.fm> wrote:

> since recently finding my Quicktake software cd ruined by a crack
> (and, btw, thanks to all those who offered the software I was
> missing), let's just say I have become paranoid about all my
> important cd's. I have been burning backups for ease-of-mind, but am
> having an issue with the 10.2 update. (Jaguar). Of course Apple built
> in copy-protection, and I can't get a bootable CD copy. If anyone has
> any info on whether this is possible, and/or how to do it, pls email
> me offlist. I realize I may not be able to it do, but thought someone
> _might_ know.

Don't know what to offer, since I've made a copy of the full 10.2 install CD
and I can boot my PowerBook or G4 with it without any problem. Are you sure
your original CD isn't already damaged? What do you use to make a duplicate?
The only application I trust for that is Toast Titanium 5.

-Laurent.

flowchart n.: [techspeak] An archaic form of visual control-flow
specification employing arrows and 'speech balloons' of various shapes.
Hackers never use flowcharts, consider them extremely silly, and associate
them with COBOL programmers, card wallopers, and other lower forms of life.
This attitude follows from the observations that flowcharts (at least from a
hacker's point of view) are no easier to read than code, are less precise,
and tend to fall out of sync with the code (so that they either obfuscate it
rather than explaining it, or require extra maintenance effort that doesn't
improve the code). See also PDL, sense 1.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html