Re: [NTLK] Toshiba PC Card with ATA Support

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:36:34 PST

YES, the keyword here is options. books, games, backdrops, the ny times and now mp3s can all take alot of space on your cards. i have created alot of backdrops and i cant load them all even though i would like to so for now i can only load up the 2 dozen or so that i really want to see this month. so now imagine that you can carry every book you have ever d/l including the entire lotr set and the entire hitchhikers guide to the universe, the entire sherlock holmes collection and any others you would like to have. you would now have a portable library. you could d/l every game you like and have a portable arcade for those quiet lazy days or long commutes when u dont feel like reading. you can d/l and listen to an hour or 2 or 3 of mp3s right from your newton, no need to bring an extra mp3 player. basically paul's ata driver gives us the same thing our newtons gives us, options to have what we want when we want it. no more exchanging cards because this one is full and what you want is on the other. and
 yes you may need to be a lil organized, but you have a newton so u have no reason not to be. to you it may not make sense to have so much space, but to some of us bigger is better.
LAG
AND i havent even tried out the ata driver yet, but im sure i will want the option to in the future. 8-)

 Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca> wrote:
on 2/6/03 12:17 PM, Chris Lang at clang_at_power-soft.net wrote:
> 5GB storage for $250 US seems like a better deal than what I paid for my
> 512MB compact Flash Card.
Out of sheer curiosity _ what the heck do you plan to do with all that
storage on a Newton?

 Am I missing something here?

Peter