Re: [NTLK] Toshiba PC Card with ATA Support

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 09:24:26 PST

À (At) 09:17 -0800 6/2/03, Chris Lang écrivait (wrote) :
>Hopefully this has not been covered before, but... Has anyone had
>success with the Toshiba MK5002MPL PC Card using Paul's ATA Drivers? 5GB
>storage for $250 US seems like a better deal than what I paid for my
>512MB compact Flash Card.=20

It was tried by Sean Luke before, and it didn't work. But it didn't
work because the system didn't even wanted to let me have a look at
the card -- the built-in ATA driver returned a non standard error (it
usually says no partition map found because it always reads zeroes).
And in such a case, the system consider that the error is
unrecoverable and doesn't ask third party card handlers.

I fixed that problem since RC4 I think. I patch the built-in ATA
driver to always say no partition map found and the system now asks
me about any card that is inserted.

Nevertheless, AFAIK, nobody reported it worked/didn't work since.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/