Re: [NTLK] Differences in read/write speeds for Flash cards?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 08:13:43 PST

À (At) 10:45 -0500 6/2/03, Stocker, Michael écrivait (wrote) :
>Are there any noticeable read/write performance differences between =
>linear Flash and ATA Flash cards?

Both storage systems behave very differently (ATA Support includes a
complete object database engine because I couldn't use the one in the
system for ATA cards). But some tests were made. The base for these
tests is Nick's TestIt.

The result is that ATA cards are up to as fast as average linear
cards. But there are many slow ATA cards out there (like my 32 MB
SmartMedia).

We usually refer to Carsten Lemmen's speed tests
(http://www.mac3.de/sig/newton/memory_cards.html). However, some
people noticed that linear cards can be *very* slow in some
circumstances.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/