Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a PC

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 09:39:22 PST

IF you are getting connected and then losing the connection then you seem to be using the correct cable. now you just have to figure out what is causing the disconnection. i can connect, transfer pkgs, cut and paste notes into my newton using my win 2k pc. i just cant backup to it. i have done it once before using slowdown, but since i havent been able to recreate the correct balance to do a correct backup. one of these days....

LAG
 Hans Derycke <hans_at_derycke.com> wrote:The cable I use has a flat connector at one end that plugs into the Newton, and a standard 9-pin connector that plugs into the serial port on my PC. Is there more than one type of these? How can I tell the difference?
Given that the same cable works on my Mac (using a Belkin serial-to-USB adapter), I would think I'm OK there. I followed Michael's advice, and I can set up a connection at 2400 and 4800. However, if I then try to import data to the Newton, the connection is lost.