Re: [NTLK] Dev. Laptop for Emu?

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 19:39:30 PST

Not to bring up the name again but Shreve Systems has older laptops like the
one you mention for a couple of hundred dollars. Might be worth checking
their site (still up, I checked last night). Oh and they still have some
keyboards at $29 for the Newton MP 2000/2001.

If you are still interested, I have a powerbook 1400 with Newertech 266MHz
G3 upgrade card I'm getting ready to post on ebay. It has cd drive and
floppy drive, serial and ADB ports and I even have the scsi adapter. Also
two batteries (one doesn't hold a charge very well) and battery recharging
station. It's maxed out at 64 MB ram (with ram doubler acts like 192MB) so
you can't take it higher than OS 9.1. Other extras. It's in excellent shape
and with the cpu upgrade and max memory I hope to get $400 or so for it on
ebay. I've used my orinoco silver card with it to surf the net wirelessly
(when it's not in my newt). It is a fairly heavy rascal, probably 6 pounds
or so but in excellent condition. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in.

-Chet

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html