Re: [NTLK] DHCP working with Orinoco Wireless/ABS? (was Re: questions on Newton

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 20:18:34 PST

On 2/2/03 at 5:56 PM -0500, Laurent Daudelin wrote :

>I think that when I tried WEP with my graphite AirPort Base Station, it
>wouldn't work. That was not even with DHCP, but a manual configuration. I
>have the same setup, ORiNOCO Silver and ABS...

Thanks for the data point.

FWIW, the Newton WEP is sensitive to trailing spaces in the network
name ID. I found that I had my ABS (snow) named Dundas followed by a
space. It didn't bother my iBook when I enabled WEP on the iBook for
Dundas. But as far as the Newton was concerned I had the wrong ID for
WEP when I entered Dundas without the trailing space and it didn't
work. Got rid of the invisible trailing space on the network name on
the ABS and it worked.

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html