Re: [NTLK] [OT] OS X Internet Sharing...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 15:04:49 PST

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 12:12 Hi!, Joe Anthenat wrote:

> I've got my MP2100 connected to my OS X machine via ethernet, and the
> OS X machine connected to the internet via modem. I've got Internet
> Sharing enabled...
<snip>
> ... Yea, well, nothing doing. Not able to get anything via Newtscape.
> I've set Built-in Ethernet on the OS X machine to DHCP
This means our ethernet port will try to configure itself via DHCP
which you don't want, since you have no DHCP server.... Try setting it
ti manual and giving it an address like 192.168.0.1
> , and it assigns
> itself a 169.x.x.x address with gateway 255.255.0.0
169.x.x.x means DHCP failure.

<snip>
> Also, how can I access my OS X machine's 'personal web sharing' page
> (IPaddress/~username/) via ethernet and Newtscape on the Newton?
use the URL of the IP address in the Network Prefpane. ie
http://192.168.0.1

I apologize if this message is late, but I had a 4 day ISP outage and
have been DESPERATELY trying to catch up with the NTLK traffic....
Sheesh, don't you guy's ever take a breather... :~>

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html