Re: [NTLK] RE. Newton Power Adapter

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 08:39:15 PST

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 10:27:23AM -0500, Peter Cameron wrote:
> on 2/2/03 2:28 AM, OD Sturm (office) at graphics_at_olesturm.com wrote:
>
> > I own a Newton MessagePad 130 but do not have a power adapter. I was
> > wondering whether anyone on this list knows where I can order "The Newton
> > Power Adapter and the NiMH battery pack" (in Australia if at all possible).
> You don't want an "NiMH battery pack" for an MP130. It uses an NiCD
> battery pack. But the chances of finding one that still works is pretty
> slim. You can make one yourself that will charge in the Newton once you get
> the power adapter.

IIRC, "making" a battery pack for a 110/120/130 was a simple matter of
cuting a bit of cardboard to fit in the well under the batteries and put
pressure on the button at the bottom of the well, and stocking the
Newton with NiCad AA cells.... No reason other than nostalgia to try to
dig up an original pack.

--
40. I will be neither chivalrous nor sporting. If I have an unstoppable
    superweapon, I will use it as early and as often as possible instead of