Re: [NTLK] 2003 ibook & classic or NTK in X

From: Mark (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 01 2003 - 07:03:08 PST

Classic (9.9.2) will still be installed under OS X and will still run
from within it on all machines. Apple had announced that new machines
sold after the first of this year would no longer boot into OS directly.
I believe they had to back off on that one since Quark isn't available
for OS X yet and the education market bitched very loudly. This is still
in the works, but its uncertain when it will happen.

>Ok, this feels good, being back on the list: one question, several answers,
>and 102 emails in one day:-)
>
>I bought the machine, installed 9.2.2 on it, and everything works fine, but
>I'm still wondering:
>
>When will it no longer be possible to install 9.2.2 next to X on new
>machines? Well, only Steve in all his wisdom knows.
>
>Jeroen Goulooze
>
>on 30-01-2003 16:33, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com

>> Except for the recently introduced PowerBooks G4 and the newest PowerMacs,
>> all other models should be able to boot 9. It's just that Apple is not
>> including a full OS 9 installer CD, but this can be bought from various
>> sources.
>>
>> -Laurent.

markr13_at_comcast.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html