Re: [NTLK] Cadenza

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 20:56:01 PST

For what it's worth, I was able to get Cadenza to work with Notes 5.05. There are a number of postings in the archive that are helpful in getting Cadenza to work under Notes 5, but I haven't seen anyone talk about Notes 6.x. I'm pretty sure the mail file's format hasn't changed, so there may be a chance.

For what it's worth, I can only describe generally the process of getting Notes 5 to work with Cadenza, as our administrator did the actual work based on posts I showed him. In general, I think you need to have an nnotes.dll file from Notes 4 that is used only for setting up Cadenza. It seems that once the Cadenza installer looks in the nnotes.dll file to figure out who you are, where your mail file is, etc., Cadenza no longer has use for the older nnotes.dll file. So it's a matter of pointing the installer to the older nnotes.dll file from v. 4 during the installation process.

Chris, I'll forward some e-mails you might find helpful. Actually, the e-mails were forwarded to me by Dale Steele, who's active on this list. One good turn deserves another!

Good luck.

-Seth

<<
chris_at_seconnect.net wrote:

> I still have an older version of Notes here (4.5). If I install that on a
> Win98 machine, will that connect to my Domino 6.5 server? I'd really like
> to get this to sync with the Newton ... to keep my Newton in sync with my
> Dell Axim ;-).

You'll have to ask your Notes administrator.

In a cruel twist of fate... soon I will be becoming a Notes administrator at
work. So... maybe I'll be able to answer this question :)
<<

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html