Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 16:24:35 PST

>> Oh another thing I thought of, somtimes a Newt will totally lock up and
you
>> can't unmount the card normally and pulling out a card before the Newt
has
>> safely shut it down can damage the data as well. I guess in that case
pull
>> the battery pack the pull the cards? Or do you think this will damage
them
>> as well?
>
>After you reset a Newton, and before it mounts the packages on the card, it
>should be safe to remove the card.
>--
>-Jon Glass
>Krakow, Poland

Not if reset causes damage in the first place, it is too late then. Granted
you can remove the card before the packages are mounted, but it must be
reset first and that may cuase problems (pressing the reset buttion at least
is in question). So catch 22 since the above is refering to a full lockup
and you can't use a package to reset.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html