Re: [NTLK] Newton & GPS - Haicom Hi-303e

From: Gregory Sahli (sahlgre_at_iit.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 15:10:35 PST

Mike,
I thought I'd calculated the reference coefficients and etc OK, but
there were other things to put into the data format that didn't make
sense to me, as I recall. I sent queries to the author of GPS Map, but
all he replied was "I don't support users of GPS Map Lite." I feel
certain that the poor guy lost thousands in sales because he didn't
understand "try before buy" and that "support IS the product." Oh, well.
If you can take the GPS Map Lite instructions and amplify with
clarifications, I'd be very grateful.
Greg

>From: Michael Briley <mike_at_maxwell.phys.uwosh.edu>
>Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:43:23 -0600>
>
>Greg,
>
>Yeah, that all took a few minutes to figure out, but the hardest part
>was
>dumping the map as a 4-bit (16 grey) pict resource. Apparently
Photoshop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html