Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 10:18:45 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Berthe M. Willumsen <bmw_at_biobase.dk>
To: newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Sunday, December 28, 2003 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Reset question

>I'm almost afraid to tempt fate by saying this, but I have done
>numerous (soft) resets with the following cards in my 2100:
>D-series Flash Memory Card 5V,
>20 meg
>from Advanced Micro Devices (AmC020DFLKA) and
>Memory Card Technology Flash Card M04PB8 (which, I _now_ see, says:
>'turn off computer before inserting or removing card'),
>4 meg.
>
>- But I guess I won't any more...
>
>Berthe

Well you can't really "turn off" a newton as it only has sleep mode and a
card could be in the midst of writing data so it is best to use something
like Card Eject app to make sure it is ok to remove then remove it. At
least that is what I do. Pushing the eject button so it pops out then
waiting a few seconds till it unmounts then pop it out also works, but with
some packages it gets the "grip of death" by saying "the newton is still
using this card, reinsert or it may be damaged" and just keeps repeating it.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html