Re: [NTLK] Reset question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 12:26:27 PST

>> Once I had a ... what, 20MB... card, and it was most sensitive to resets.
Not
>> good. I never heard about any problems with small cards though.
>
>i have the same experience, but i wouldnt say one could use it as a rule of
>thumb.
>
>on the other hand, everyone knows that the newton works more stable with a
>smaller amount of apps and data, so if you fill a 32M card with apps and
>stuff, i reckon it wouldnt be comparable to a 4M card what concerns
>stability.

Very true, I know I would rather have say a bunch of 4 meg cards than a
really large one. Although I am going to try ATA as you can partition that
in small amounts. One question though, the two times you got that 20meg card
wiped, was it the only two times you reset with that card and it got wiped.
Or was it say 2 out of 10 resets the card was wiped? I was just wondering
if it was a for sure thing, or sometimes it did it and other times not (not
worth the risk for sure if you can avoid it for sure).

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html