[NTLK] More Newton Books

From: mikeobrien_at_spamcop.net
Date: Sun Dec 28 2003 - 11:41:55 PST

        At my ancient and small web site, there are a few interesting
Newton books not available elsewhere (mostly because I created and
proofed them myself). These are books from Project Gutenberg from
the Kai Lung series by Ernest Bramah, back in the nineteen-teens
and -twenties. They're pungently witty social satire set in an
imaginary version of Classical China. The style is dense, obtuse,
annoying to many, delightful to some.

        These are the books Lord Peter Wimsey quoted to Harriet Vane
when he first began wooing her.

        http://home.comcast.net/~michael_t_obrien

Mike O'Brien

P.S. Project Gutenberg claims they proof their etexts, but if so,
they don't do a very good job. I had to fix a lot of typos in these
books. I also reformatted them and introduced judicious use of italic
where it made sense.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html