[NTLK] Escale - what am I doing wrong? / holiday projects

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 06:32:43 PST

Hello List, I hope you all survived the first set of Holidays :)

I am using my loads of free time these days to come to terms again with several Newty projects, many of which inspired by my dig through about 20 digests I simply had no time for...
While I just grabbed a BT Card off eBay for happy ¤26 shipped, I still have problems of the more general kind.

How to connect to OSX?!

I had another look at Escale.
After some brillant mind on the list suggested plugging the Newton into the APBS via Ethernet in order to use Appletalk, I now get a stable connection. And that is about all. I cannot sync, I cannot install, I cannot use the keyboard. All those things are started, but then nothing ever happens.
I did not alter the settings, AppleTalk is active, Escale is set to 38,4kbps.

Hard- & Software:
Newton 2100US
APBS 2nd G (snow, dual ethernet, latest firmware)
Escale 1.0.1 (also grabbed one of the nightlies, no dice)

I see from the archives that this is quite a common problem, are there any known solutions yet? Anything I have to install beforehand?

Please share your wisdom :)

My other upcoming projects include trying to obtain an old version of MacJournal in order to sync notes (please feel free to drop me a line if you have the old version that works with JournalSync from GlassOnion), translate a huge pile of classnotes into typed text, and trying to connect my brand new toy, the (*tadaaa*) WizCom SuperPen (<- This - thing - rocks).

Have a nice weekend,

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html