Re: [NTLK] Car power

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 09:06:47 PST

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 09:54:02PM -0500, Doug Parker wrote:
> I'm going to have my newt read to me for extended periods in my car. What
> power options are available to me besides multiple battery packs?

That's your best bet. Alkaline AAs will likely last through most of a
day of speaking with the light off. If you're planning to do this for
months though, you may want to simply spend the price of one refurbished
battery pack on a good sine-wave 12v-to-120v inverter. The smallest
clean one you can find will do just fine, and then use the usual Newton
wall adaptor in that.

--
"I know it's a buzzword [...], but fsckit, 'Enterprise' editions of things
 *should* come with the phasers and photon torpedos and all.