Re: [NTLK] Farallon Skyline 11mb card?

From: Paul Miller (pauljosephmiller_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 02:38:58 PST

I have used the Farallon Skyline card in the Newton
2100. It is the original card (doesn't say proxim on
it) as I heard at one point that the newer ones may
have caused a problem. The only trouble I had was
configuring to the ABS (airport)- it doesn't seem to
like WEP very much. I tried to run it at 64b
encryption and it wouldn't get past "finding" the
basestation. With the ABS reset to no WEP it worked
fine. This may be a drawback for some. I didn't like
it because I would like to have atleast some WEP
setting before using a credit card with my iBook
connected to the same ABS/web account.

Paul