[NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: doppler [bhangra] (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 15:50:18 PST

03-12-16 14.08, skrev newtontalk_at_newtontalk.netnewtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
följande:

> I'm really
> surprised that there was no "rush" of enthusiasm for Eckhard and his
> efforts to [potentially] bringing our good old Newtons to even a higher
> level usefulness than they are already.
>
> So here are my three questions for the group is:
> 1) How many people here would be thrilled to have this functionality on
> their Newton?
> 2) How many people here already own a Bluetooth enabled phone?
> 3) How many people would buy or upgrade their current cell phone to
> Bluetooth to get this capability?

honestly, i tried to help eck as much as i could when he started developing
blunt. i even ordered the 3Com BT card with the X-Jack retractable antenna
and tested the card together with eckhart. unfortunately, the card
eventually turned out to be useless :(

i also got sonyericssons t610/616 BT handset and im currently awaiting a BT
card with the required chipset AND a smaller form factor than those
currently available. as soon as there is one, i will get one. (i dont want
the card to be protruding, because i use a case for the newt - besides the
brick is big enough as it is :)

methinks a BT connection is of really good use - just imagine using wireless
keyboards, printing and online services!

BT/blunt is definately a must on my future newton.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html