Re: [NTLK] Picture of MP2x00 Battery tray?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 11:24:22 PST

On Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 12:54:29PM -0500, Clyde Jones wrote:
> Hi
> I have a battery tray for my MP2100, but it doesn't seem to work. I
> think I lost a spring from the battery tray. Can someone post a close
> up picture of a MP2x00 Battery tray?

You probably didn't. The cells on one side of the tray stay loose and a
stiff spring inside the newton goes through the hole at the end of the
tray to make contact with the cell chain. This provides both eject
impulse when removing the tray and provides no small amount of
anti-shorting protection for filled trays and rechargable packs stored
without protective endcaps.

--
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
                -- Hector Berlioz