[NTLK] Airport Extreme breaks WaveLAN compatibility?

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 23:33:55 PST

It's been a while since I used my Newton, but as far as I remember,
when last I used it, my wireless networking was functional. It no
longer seems to want to work. Doesn't look like it's getting an
address from the DHCP server. Eventually the connect attempt just
times out.

One thing has changed since last time I used this -- I upgraded to an
Airport Extreme base station (from a 2nd rev "Snow" Airport base
station).

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but has anyone else upgraded to an
AEBS from an earlier model base station and suddenly lost their Newton
wireless connectivity? The base station is configured the same as the
old one. My WEP key, etc, is the same as before. I've even put it in
"802.11b only" mode, to no avail. I'm using an SMC 2632W card in the
Newt.

Steven

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html