Re: [NTLK] Why Isn't Everyone Excited with Eckhart's Bluetooth?

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 08:42:51 PST

On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 05:06 AM, Victor Rehorst wrote:

> Peter H. Coffin wrote:
>> In my case, a complete lack of enthusiasm stems from a complete lack
>> of
>> any bluetooth gear whatsoever. So, regardless of how killer it may be,
>> it won't affect my world for the foreseeable future.
>
> Ditto. Actually, I just discovered the joys of IrDA and beaming
> things from
> Windows to the Newton using IC/VC. You could say I've just arrived in
> 1999 :)
Figures it takes you windows guys an extra 5 years to get
anywhere...Infra red is so passe.

I'm sure sometime in the next decade you will probably start using
bluetooth.

I got a Sony-Ericcson t68i for my spouse, and the integration with OSXs
address book is surprisingly wonderful.

Leave it in your pocket (or purse) and connect to the internet (slowly).
Dial numbers on the phone from the address book directly.
Send and receive SMS messages via the phone from the Mac (powerbook
G4)keyboard.
Computer also automatically act as a called id when phone is in
proximity and incoming # is in the address book.

And of course, synchronization of the address books.

Pretty slick and very useful as a mobile office solution.

If Eckharts Blunt allows for wireless syncing and for dialing via the
Newton, I am extremely excited over this development, and would
consider getting my first cell phone...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html