Re: [NTLK] Nethopper error message

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Dec 14 2003 - 02:53:31 PST

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:01:20 -0800 (PST), mikes_newton wrote:
> I tried Courier as well but it just sort of gave up
> without loading a Web site.

Do you remember which page it was? You mentioned webstandards.org
before, and I just browsed it a couple of pages from that site with
Courier without problems.

The error you get from NetHopper would actually be a simple thing to
fix if the NetHopper sources would be available :( It is caused by the
additional charset parameter ("iso8859-1") in the MIME type of the
fetched page. NetHopper doesn't recognize that this is only a minor
variation of the text/html type and refuses to load it. As far as I
know, there is no workaround. There is however the NetHopper plugin API
which would allow somebody to implement a handler for this MIME type.
But before anybody starts work on that, I'd invite them to work on
Courier instead ;)

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html