Re: [NTLK] My first battery rebuld

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 11:33:34 PST

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:13:11AM -0800, Martin Joseph wrote:
> This all seemed to have gone pretty well, but now my newt will not
> charge it. It just says "waiting" and stays there. Batmon shows a
> battery temperature of 64 and no charging occuring...
>
> I remeber someone on the list had a very identical case with a new or
> rebuild battery...
>
> Any thoughts on what might be wrong? I feel like all the connections
> are solid and righteous.

Your thermistor connection is not correct. The newt, seeing a temp
reading of 64° (150°F) has decided that something is potentially
horribly wrong with the battery and will not charge it in that state.
When you're connection is good, you'll probably see a temp reading in
the low 20's.

--
Advocacy leads to disagreement; disagreement leads to Holy Wars; Holy
Wars lead to suffering.  Advocacy is the first step on the road to the