Re: [NTLK] Does D. Padillas Keyboard Driver Support Accents/Umlauts?

From: Doug Parker (doug_at_ispinn.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 14:51:08 PST

Hi Hagen!

As I understand it, Daniel had full freedom to program whatever character he
wanted into whatever key he wanted. I don't know if this includes dead-key
combinations or option key characters. If the characters you need are not
there, I would think a request to Daniel for a driver modification would be
the next step. I could check to see how complete the character mapping is when
I get home... ;-)

Also, Daniel told me the only reason he designed the driver for the Palm
III/VII only, was that someone on the list bought and sent him a sample
keyboard of that model so he could hack away at it. If there are other
keyboard models that are worthy of developing drivers for them, it would be
worthwhile for the community for someone to find out what that model is, and
to contact Daniel, ask for his help, and send him a keyboard, gratis.

(OT: I will be directing a men's barbershop chorus starting in January,
www.hernandoharmonizers.com. My photo is buried in the photo links on top.
Also featured are the Hi Lites, the ladies in blue. I've been their director
for almost two years.)

Doug Parker
Orlando FL USA

Hello everybody,

as I hope to get Doug Parkerīs
connector for the Palm-Keyboard/Newton
connection soon I am wondering if D. Padillas
driver for the keyboard supports German and
its distinctive letters, e.g. umlauts, as well as french
specialities like Accent aigus etc or does it "speak"
english only? If so, there isnīt any other driver
available, is it?

Thanks for the clarification

Hagen Lang

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html