Re: [NTLK] MP120 connecting

From: Paul Curtis (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 08:46:43 PST

Frank,

I've tried both, on a plane, on a train, up the stairs and with pears -
but still no serial for my milk.

Yes, I'm delirious - I've been up literally for 3 days trying to get any
of my Newton's to connect...

Paul Curtis

There should be a "Macintosh serial" option. I've never
been able to connect serially with any other option.
Won't hurt to try it out. If, as you said, your 120 is
running Mac OS 2.0, you should be able to connect via
the Newton Connection Utilities (NCU), the Newton Backup Utilitiy (NBU),
the Newton Toolkit (NTK) and a couple of other package loaders. You will
not be able to connect to the Newton Connection Kit (NCK), to the best
of my knowledge this one is strictly OS 1.x.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/ for all