Re: [NTLK] Newton Ethernet Problems --- EtherTalk?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 05:23:12 PST

mikes_newton wrote:

> On the Newt under prefs --> AppleTalk, it says
> 'connect using EtherTalk', In chuma.org, it says:
>
> "Go into the Appletalk control panel on your Mac and
> select Ethertalk."
>
> I don't have EtherTalk on my mac (just ethernet).
> Could that be why I'm having problems?
>
> All the instructions I've seen say: "Ethernet".
> Is EtherTalk a Newt term for Ethernet?

The Dock program on the Newton won't "see" an AppleTalk machine on the network
unless that machine has NCU running. Did you have NCU running when you tried
to connect?

What kind of router do you have? Does it support EtherTalk (Appletalk over
Ethernet)?

For a bog-standard 3c589D-TP, you only need the Farallon driver and the
3comaddon.pkg, not the other one.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html