Re: [NTLK] Newton Ethernet Problems

From: mikes_newton (mikes_newton_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 20:25:19 PST

I followed the instructions here:
http://newted.dyndns.org/users/1f2frfbf/ethernet.html

It didn't work so I deleted the packages
and the drivers and installed them again.

I'm using a 3com 3C89D-TP card.

I connected the Newton to the router with
a cat-5 cable. One of my iMacs is also connected
to the router. I installed NCU on that iMac.

Serial connection is fine between iMac and the
Newton.

I set the prefs to 'listen for Newton device
AppleTalk' and uncheckd my serial cable checkbox.

Opened the AppleTalk Control Panel, and made sure
"Connect via: Ethernet"

On the MP, Couldn't find my exact card on Internet
Setup, settled for 3com 3C89D card.

Went to dock, choose 'Connect via AppleTalk'
'Connect to Other computer',

nothing happens, keeps looking for other Mac OS

I saw in the archives that someone else had this
problem cut no resoltion. Someone suggested
cross-over cables instead?

I've really hit a brick wall here. Any advice
would be much appreciated!

Mike