Re: [NTLK] Odd behavior. A little help please.

From: Alan Davis (mdawd_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 12:30:58 PST

This is what worked. Actually had tried it just after my reply back. Worked
like a charm. I had just done a complete back up on Sunday, 7 Dec 2003.
Thanks for that advice. The really weird thing is that is the smoothest
backup I have had in years. No errors, no timeouts, just a fully backed up
Newton and 32MB Card.

Here is what I think the culprit was. I think I was the victim of a bad
program. A quick web search showed that others including Avi's Backdrop have
had problems with all known versions of "smartButtons" in the past. I think
the problem has worsened because of the age on my "barely used" 32MB Pretec
Card.

I just bought a brand new 32MB Linear flash card form PC Connection for
$44.95 ($60.95 with shipping). It seems to work well with the Newton. I will
keep you informed as to how the restore to the new card goes.

Thank you again for all the help. I can't say that you guys are life savers,
but I can definitely attribute the fact that I still have my data to you
two.

BTW I will post the data on how to obtain one of these cards later if it
works well.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html