Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one

From: Robert Serna (japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 20:06:00 PST

3. I've seen mention of the slow down utility, what's it's program name? And is this to slow the
processor or the transactions through the serial port?
----------------------------slowdown.exe is in unna which you download to your PC! you might need more than one running at one time because of your processor speed (I'm using one slowdown with a 400 mz Dell Latitude LS with Win98 se) & had to try various combination with the connection speed on the Newton & NCU! my setup works best with NCU set at 38000! Also I've noticed a better connection when I start NCU start up the Newton & connect from the Newton! It took me a while (about 3-4 hours) to get it working but it was worth it! Just dont give up!
sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html