Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one Newt to another...

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 15:50:14 PST

At 03:36 PM 12/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>Additionally, when I turn on the MP 120 and try to connect, the HT shows
>data from the MP. So, what ever the Newton is sending does go through
>the Belkin device, but I wonder if it's getting botched so that NCU
>doesn't recognize what it is?

I doubt it, serial is done to death, it really hard to screw it up if you
get the wires going in the right directions. As far as USB serial, that is
pretty straight forward too. Nobody has been playing with the UART
registers directly for years, it is all handled by the serial I/O section
of the OS.

Check the obvious stuff, and turn off the FIFOs.

Time to go home now, I will check tomorrow how it turned out.

Andrei

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html