Re: [NTLK] Newbie question about transferring data from one Newt to another...

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 14:51:47 PST

At 02:38 PM 12/9/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>OK, I started HT and configured for Comm1, when I hit a key I get an
>error message that another device is using the port, wait until that
>device is done, close HT and restart. I did that and get the same
>message. The MP 120 was turned off the whole time.

Did you shut down the newton connection software? It would have the port
open and the OS would tell HT to go away, it's busy. Actually any other
program that has com1 open would give you the same result. This would also
explain why you can't connect, someone else has the port. Check for another
process running.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html