Re: [NTLK] Viking 20MB Flash Card

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 16:01:44 PST

Yeah. The Viking cards only work in the MP2x00 not the eMate.
These cards are 12V write. You need 5V write cards. The MP2x00 cand
read/write 5V and 12V so they work there.

You can mount them as read only but that isn't much good if they are
empty. :-(

As a last resort, you could fill them with pkgs using a MP2x00 and
insert them in the eMate. You will only be able to read from them but
it could save you some room internally.

As far as the advertisement goes, it is not an untruth to say that
these cards are 'compatible' with the eMate because, clearly they are.
But, as far as being useful, well, does anyone have a wobbly table
leg?...

PCBman

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html