Re: [NTLK] Stripping anti-glare coating off

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 04:38:16 PST

on 12/8/03 10:58 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net at newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
wrote:

> From: Mark <markr13_at_comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Stripping anti-glare coating off
> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:15:09 -0500
>
>> What is this display polish paste? What's it normally used for? I'm curious
>> because I've really worn out some areas on my screen. It has even begun
>> interfering with writing, as the stylus stumbles over these worn places...
>> (I sometimes use NuShields, but my jaggies somehow seem much worse when I
>> have NuShields on) :-( TIA
>> --
>> -Jon Glass
>
> This sounds like a dirt problem, Jon. Try running a business card (or an
> old NuShield) around the screen case edge to clean out any crud that
> collect there.

I did that before I first put the NuShield on, and again, when the jaggies
appeared. However, after that, I tried cleaning a couple time, but after
that, I never put the NuShield back on. Despite not having the NuShield on,
I still get alignment shifts, and sometimes erratic behavior, so the jaggies
aren't going away. I just didn't feel like taking the time to go through the
process of putting one back on. I did, however, put a new NuShield on this
past Friday. So far, all weekend and no jaggies. I'll be watching, of
course. :-) I don't blame the NuShields per se, as I get them without the
NuShield. It is just that the NuShield seemed to exacerbate the problem
somewhat. I presume because it's one more thing in there. I need to tear the
Newt apart and try the case shimming trick. Has this been shown to be a
proven method of reducing/removing the jaggies?

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland