Re: [NTLK] [OT] Poutine alert!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 11:24:40 PST

On 5-dec-03, at 17:25, Nathan Turnage wrote:
> Gravy goes on chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and biscuits. The
> only thing that should ever be used on fries is ketchup, and maybe BBQ
> sauce on occasion.

Aren't fries potatoes? If you think that the French-Canadians are weird
you should come to Holland, we eat fries with ketchup (wait, I'm not
finished yet) mayonnaise, ketchup and mayonnaise mixed, Indonesian
spicy peanut-butter sauce, this mixed with mayonnaise (called fries at
war) with ketchup, mayonnaise and little pieces of onion (fries
special) and fries with BBQ sauce. (and I'm sure I forgot a couple ;-)

And now that you know what horrors Holland has in store I don't think
you'll value my culinary tastes that high anymore, but yes, a good
Poutine is delicious!
Mind you that the gravy on a good Poutine is not the thick fat variety
but rather runny and and tasty and quite close to a BBQ sauce.

Ad to that the small pieces of delicious fresh curd cheese ('Fromage en
Grain', a delicacy of Quebec in it's own right) with the fries, and I
probably have you watering your mouth or puking by now...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html