Re: [NTLK] notepad: error -10606 Problem Solved!

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 11:16:19 PST

Aux environs du 3/12/03 ā 1:01 +0200, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
notepad: error -10606 Problem Solved!", pytheas_at_helmug.gr prit sa
plus belle plume pour écrire les mots suivants:
>Greetings from greece! Guess what? I've found my way through the problem!
>Here's how:
>
>I've thought that since the problem was with the memory card, the newton
>would work properly if I removed it! Indeed, without the card, the notepad
>application run flawlessly! When I re-entered the card, the os notified me
>that there was an error -10606, and that the card should be erased if I
>wanted to use it! I pressed the erase button, and voila, no more errors!!!
>:-)

If this was a linear card as it sounds from what you report I would
suggest no longer using that card or at least not storing anything
you care about on it.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/