Re: [NTLK] Please Talk Me Out of This! - Long Sorry.

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 29 2003 - 18:13:09 PDT

Hi guys,
I've been in love with the Newton since 1997 but never had one until 2
years ago. Now I have an original 2100 and an upgraded 2000 as a backup,
and I can't live without them. When people ask me why I use this monster
of a PDA, I cite all the reasons mentioned on this thread and said
elsewhere by other Newton fans. But I don't push, I just advocate.

I have and am drooling over Sony's PDAs ever since they added a 2 MP
camera to the mix...but I have a great digital camera so it's just
technolust/technoenvy.

I know what you mean, Paul. It would probably take a Knowledge Navigator
down to the size of a small paperback book before I switch to something
else.

If you guys don't know what a Knowledge Navigator is, here are links to
some quicktime files (unreleased commercials) about a concept Apple
abandoned a long time ago. Unlike the Newton, though, this great device
never made it into the public's hands.

http://www.theapplecollection.com/Collection/AppleMovies/mov/parkbench_navigator.html

http://www.billzarchy.com/clips/clips_apple_nav.htm

Later,